Change My Evergreen Account Password
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 13:49, 13 July 2020 by Hlsl8089
Instructions for changing your password.
Alert: Faculty and Staff passwords are set to expire every six months.
Changing Your Password
- Login to my.evergreen.edu
- Click on Profile link in the upper right corner
- Select the Change Password link.
- Sign in with your full evergreen email and current password.
- At the Change Password page, type in your current password and set a new, secure password.
- Your new password must meet the minimum requirements listed below:
- At least 8 characters.
- May not include your name.
- May not be the same as your last four (4) passwords.
- Must include at least one upper-case letter, lower-case letter, and a number.
- Confirm your new password in the second password box.
- Click the submit button.
- Once you click submit you will be redirected to your Evergreen Account Profile. From here you you will be able to review your account settings. Once everything is reviewed please choose the option "Sign out of everywhere" and navigate back to my.evergreen.edu to access your Evergreen resources.
Note for Evergreen-provisioned laptop users: PC Laptop users that are off campus will need to use the OLD password to log into their laptops UNTIL they return to campus with the laptop. At this point the laptop will check in with the servers and get the new password. Mac user’s computer passwords are not tied to the Evergreen domain password. Mac LAPTOP passwords are not required to change.
Update Your Password on All of Your Devices
- click Expand for detailed steps
- Windows: Clear Saved Passwords
- In Credential Manager expand the password box by clicking the arrow
- Click “Remove” on all evergreen.edu passwords.
- You need to look under the Web Credentials and the Windows Credentials for these saved passwords.
- Mac: Clear Saved Passwords
- Firefox: Clear Saved Passwords
- Chrome: Clear Saved Passwords
- Mobile Phone Clear Saved Passwords
- Put phone in Airplane mode
- Click on Mail App
- Find evergreen.edu email account
- Delete Account or Remove Account
- Re-Add Account with new password.
- If you have your Evergreen password saved on any device (such as a smartphone, tablet or home computer) be sure to update the password on those devices.
- The old password can cause you to get locked out of your account.
- Example: if you check your email on your phone and don’t have to type in your password each time you have a saved password. The phone will keep trying the old saved password and after 5 failed attempts your account will be locked for 15 minutes as a security measure before it lets you try again.
- If you need additional assistance please contact the Technology Support Center at 360 867-6627 or via email at email@example.com