From Help Wiki
The Evergreen Library currently loans Chromebooks for off campus check-out. Please review the help articles below to get the most out of your Chromebook experience
What's a Chromebook and how is it different from my Mac or Windows Laptop?
- A Chromebook is a laptop of a different variety. Instead of Windows 10 or Mac OS X, Chromebooks run Google's Chrome OS. These machines are designed to be used primarily while connected to the Internet, with most applications and documents living in the cloud.
- They do not run locally installed applications but rather rely on Google's Cloud Apps like GMAIL, Google Drive, Youtube, etc to provide functionality and help you complete common web based tasks
What can I do with it?
- So long as you have a wifi connection and a Google Account you can do quite a bit
- GMAIL - feature rich Email
- Google Drive - Storage and creation of documents. Word Processing, presentations, simple spreadsheets, calendar, etc
- Canvas - use the Chrome browser to view your Evergreen Canvas Site and turn in homework documents by syncing your Google Drive with Canvas.