Configure Apple Mail - Office 365
How to configure the Apple Mail desktop client to your Evergreen email on the Office 365 server.
- Open the Mail application.
- If this is your first time using the application, you will automatically be prompted to connect an account. Select Exchange and then select Continue.
- If you already have another account connected, click on the Mail menu and select Add Account > Exchange > and Continue.
- Enter your Evergreen account details in the appropriate fields and click Sign In when done.
- Choose the apps you want to use with this account, then click Done.
- The application may take a few minutes to connect to your Evergreen Office 365 account for the first time.
Apple Mail trash settings
- To ensure you do not accidentally permanently delete any mail, please take a moment to check your Apple Mail trash settings.
- Click on the Mail menu and select Preferences.
- Click on the Accounts tab and then select Mailbox Behaviors.
- Under the Trash section, ensure that "Store deleted messages on the server" is checked, and set "Permanently erase deleted messages when:" to Never.
Microsoft provides many training materials for their products. Please see Office 365 Email Help to learn more about setting up and using Office 365 and Outlook email.