Difference between revisions of "Connect to Filespace - Windows 10"
(→On Campus Access to Fileshares)
Revision as of 13:25, 22 January 2016
Windows 7/8: Click the Windows Key on your keyboard and the "R" Key.
The run window will open. type in \\servername, for example, \\orca
Read only access
From a web browser go to enter the URL of the file server you want to connect to
- Hurricane = https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/homes/fac-staff
- Orca programs = https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/academics/programs
- Orca groups = https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/academics/acadgroups
- Orca research = https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/academics/research
- Orca students = https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/homes/students
Read and Write access
To gain read and write access to Evergreen file servers you will need to use the Map Network Drive function in Windows.
- Copy the URL you need from the list above
- Windows 7 Users please follow these instructions from Microsoft: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-shortcut-map-network-drive#1TC=windows-7
- Windows 8 Users please follow these instructions from Microsoft: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-shortcut-to-map-network-drive