Connect to Filespace - Windows 10
Read only access
From a web browser go to enter the URL of the file server you want to connect to
- Hurricane = https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/homes/fac-staff
- Orca programs = https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/academics/programs
- Orca groups = https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/academics/acadgroups
- Orca research = https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/academics/research
- Orca students = https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/homes/students
Read and Write access
Map Network Drive.
- Copy the URL you need from the list above
- Double click on My Computer
- Choose "My Network Places" from the list of Other Places on the left section
- Choose "Add a Network Place" from Network Tasks. This begins the Add Network Place Wizard
- Click Next
- Select "Choose another network location". Click Next
- In the space provided, paste the url/link/location that you selected above.
- You may be prompted for your log in information, if so, provide your evergreen login . In the form firstname.lastname@example.org .
- You will be asked to name the network place. This can be anything you want
- The wizard will ask if you wish to open the network place when you choose finish, check or uncheck the box as desired. Click Finish
- This will create a new icon in My Network Places that corresponds to the location you just added.
- You maybe asked to authenticate (login) as you browse around. If this happens press cancel and you should see your files.
Note: Your firewall software might block the connection to the remote fileshare. If you can't connect to the filespace and have double-checked the instructions, you might need to add a firewall exemption for the fileshare.