Connect to Orca - Windows
Student and program file space on Orca
Orca is an Evergreen File Server for curricular and student use. It is also the home for the Scratch folder, a temporary network file storage space.
On-Campus Access to Orca
- Log on to the computer with your Evergreen account.
- Click the Start button and select Run...
- Type "\\orca"
- Click OK.
- Double-click on the folder you need (e.g. Programs or the first letter of your last name).
- If working on particular file(s), drag/copy file(s) to local computer.
Remote Access to files on Orca (WebDAV)
Evergreen uses the secure WebDAV protocol to access files remotely.
- Read only
From a web browser go to https://studentfiles.evergreen.edu.
- Read and write
Requires mapping a network drive to https://studentfiles.evergreen.edu
- Open "My Network Places". This will either be on your Desktop, or in your Start menu.
- Double click on "Add Network Place".
- When the "Add Network Place Wizard" comes up click "Next".
- Select "Choose another network location" and click "Next".
- In the space provided, type 'https://studentfiles.evergreen.edu/' followed by the directory you need access to. (e.g. https://studentfiles.evergreen.edu/d/doej or https://studentfiles.evergreen.edu/programs/calculatedfiction)
- You may be prompted for your log in information, if so, provide your evergreen login/password.
- You will be asked to name the network place. Give it a name that is meaningful to you, "My program file space", or something similar.
- The wizard will ask if you wish to open the network place when you choose finish, check or uncheck the box as desired. Click Finish
- This will create a new icon in "My Network Places" that corresponds to the location on Orca you just added.