Connect to Orca Programs- Linux
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 14:22, 17 March 2010 by Greenea
On-Campus Access to Orca Programs
- Go to 'Places' , then 'Connect to Server'.
- Select 'Windows share' under 'Service type'.
- Type in 'orca' in the 'Server:' field.
- Type in the 'programs' in the 'Share' field.
- Click Connect!
Off-Campus Access to Orca Programs
- Install davfs2, either through your package manager or by building from the source found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/dav/files/
- Open a Terminal and become root (
sudo -i) for the following commands.
- Create a mount point for Orca Programs:
- In a web browser (Firefox) go to https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/academics/programs
- Right click on the folder that you want and copy the link.
- Type this command into your Teminal:
mount.davfs -ouid=username,gid=groupname https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/academics/programs /mnt/orca_programs
replacing the following:
- "username" with your own local username
- "groupname" with your groupname (find out by typing:
id -n -g)
- "https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/academics/programs" with the link you copied in step 5.
- and "/mnt/orca_programs" with the directory you created as a mount point in step 3.
- You will be prompted for a username and password. These will be your evergreen.edu credentials.
- Once this is done, you'll have access to your program share at /mnt/orca_programs!