Connect to Orca Programs - Windows XP
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 16:51, 7 August 2009 by Ordwaye (Created page with '===On-Campus Access to Orca Programs=== ; At you office/personal computer (you want the drive to always be there) # Right Click on the "My Computer" icon from the Start Menu o…')
On-Campus Access to Orca Programs
- At you office/personal computer (you want the drive to always be there)
- Right Click on the "My Computer" icon from the Start Menu or Desktop
- Select "Map Network Drive"
- Enter \\orca.evergreen.edu\programs
- Make sure that the "Reconnect at login" check box is checked
- Click "Finish"
- At a computer in one of the labs (you are only going to use it on this computer once)
- Click the Start button and select Run...
- Type "\\orca\programs" (figure 1)
- Click OK.
- Double-click on the folder you need (e.g. the first letter of your last name).
Off-Campus Access to Orca Research
- Read only
From a web browser go to https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/academics/programs .
- Read and write
requires mapping a network drive to https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/academics/programs
- Double click on My Computer
- Choose "My Network Places" from the list of Other Places on the left section
- Choose "Add a Network Place" from Network Tasks. This begins the Add Network Place Wizard
- Click Next
- Select "Choose another network location". Click Next
- In the space provided, type https://myfiles.evergreen.edu/academics/programs
- You may be prompted for your log in information, if so, provide your evergreen log in.
- You will be asked to name the network place. This can be anything you want
- The wizard will ask if you wish to open the network place when you choose finish, check or uncheck the box as desired. Click Finish
- This will create a new icon in My Network Places that corresponds to the location on Hurricane you just added.
- You maybe asked to authenticate (login) as you browse around. If this happens press cancel and you should see your files.