Welcome to the Contributor's Lounge. This page should get you started with everything you need to know about contributing to Evergreen's Help wiki.
What is this wiki all about, anyway?
This wiki is an Evergreen community knowledge base for computing and technology related information. The primary intent is to provide a reference for community members who have questions about using technology at Evergreen.
I want to contribute!
Great, we need your help to keep this resource up to date and relevant to modern day Greeners.
Basic Contributor tips
- Keep it about technology at Evergreen.
- Keep it professional.
- Limit image sizes.
- Respect moderator decisions.
- If you would like to propose significant changes, please use the "Discussion" tab to make your proposal before altering significant portions of the site.
Cite your sources
Much of the content in this wiki exists on other official Evergreen web pages. Please provide links to the original sources of content when at all possible.
Keep it simple
This wiki is about communicating information. The more simply and straight forward the information is presented, the more readily it will be understood by a broad audience. Organize your ideas and present the most important first. Don't be afraid to break your topic up into multiple articles.
Format text for scan-ability
Often a numbered or bulleted list is easier to absorb than a dense paragraph.
To make it easy for people to find your article, make sure to add it to the appropriate category(s). For a complete listing of existing categories see Special:Categories. If your article does not fit in any of the existing categories you can contact Amy Greene.
What needs to be done?
- Review the list of articles that need contributors for articles that have been categorized as needing work.
- Review the list of articles that need to be updated for articles that have been categorized as obsolete or out of date.
Need help with Wiki Syntax?
Check out this wiki's Mediawiki articles