Welcome to the Contributor's Lounge. This page should get you started with everything you need to know about contributing to the IT Survival Guide wiki.
What needs to be done?
- See the list of articles that need contributors for articles that have been categorized as needing work.
- See if there are any article requests by community members.
- Subscribe to the Wiki Users Group's mailing list to be in the know about what's happening with wikis at Evergreen.
Content Criteria and writing guidelines
- Be nice.
- Keep it about technology.
- No profanity.
- Limit image sizes.
- Respect moderator decisions.
- If you would like to propose significant changes, please use the "Discussion" tab to make your proposal before altering significants portions of the site.
Cite your sources
Much of the content in this wiki exists on other official Evergreen web pages. Please provide links to the original sources of content when at all possible.
Keep it simple
This wiki is about communicating information. The more simply and straightforwardly the information is presented, the more readily it will be understood by a broad audience.
Format text for scan-ability
Often a numbered or bulleted list is easier to absorb than a dense paragraph.
To make it easy for people to find you article, make sure to add it to the appropriate category(s). For a complete listing of existing categories see Special:Categories. If your article does not fit in any of the existing categories feel free to create the appropriate category. If this needs to be linked off of the home page you can contact Amy Greene.
Add it to the Site Map
The site map is manually maintained. When a new category or page is created please update the site map.