Welcome to the Contributor's Lounge. This page should get you started with everything you need to know about contributing to the Computing at Evergreen wiki.
What is this wiki all about, anyway?
This wiki is an Evergreen community knowledge base for computing and technology related information. The primary intent is to provide a reference for community members who have questions about using technology at Evergreen.
Content criteria and writing guidelines
Basic Contributor tips
- Keep it about technology at Evergreen.
- No profanity.
- Limit image sizes.
- Respect moderator decisions.
- If you would like to propose significant changes, please use the "Discussion" tab to make your proposal before altering significants portions of the site.
Cite your sources
Much of the content in this wiki exists on other official Evergreen web pages. Please provide links to the original sources of content when at all possible.
Keep it simple
This wiki is about communicating information. The more simply and straightforwardly the information is presented, the more readily it will be understood by a broad audience.
Format text for scan-ability
Often a numbered or bulleted list is easier to absorb than a dense paragraph.
To make it easy for people to find you article, make sure to add it to the appropriate category(s). For a complete listing of existing categories see Special:Categories. If your article does not fit in any of the existing categories feel free to create the appropriate category. If this needs to be linked off of the home page you can contact Amy Greene.
What needs to be done?
- Review the list of articles that need contributors for articles that have been categorized as needing work.
- Migrate technical documentation pages from old Evergreen IT sites
- See if there are any article requests by community members.
Need help with Wiki Syntax?
Check out this wiki's Mediawiki articles