Create New Site - First Time in WordPress
Create a WordPress site for users new to wordpress.evergreen.edu
I'm new to wordpress.evergreen.edu
wordpress.evergreen.edu is Evergreen's WordPress instance primarily for community members looking to self-create a WordPress site/blog/academic journal. To create your own site, all you need is an Evergreen email address and login.
NOTE TO FACULTY: Requests for curricular WordPress sites (at sites.evergreen.edu) can be submitted at help.evergreen.edu.
Create a wordpress.evergreen.edu account and a new website
- Navigate a web browser to the wordpress.evergreen.edu and click Login - you should be automatically redirected to the dashboard.
- Need account help? See: Evergreen Login Overview
- To create a new WordPress site, select My Sites from the sidebar and select Add New
- Enter the Site Name - this will become part of your unique URL or web address and cannot be changed.
- Enter the Site Title - this will be used as the title for your site, will display in the header section of your site and can be changed later
If You Want Your Site to be Private
Under the Site title section, there is a list of different privacy settings you can choose from. These are...
- Visible only to registered users of this network- Only people with an Evergreen Username can see your site
- Visible only to registered users of this site - Only people you add to your site can see it
- Visible only to administrators of this site- Only admins can see the site