Create a New Post - WordPress
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 13:53, 31 December 2015 by Irishb
Create Posts and Pages using WordPress.
Create a new post
- From the Posts menu at left, select Add New, or click on Add New in the admin bar at top and select Post.
- Enter a title for the post (title field is under Add New Post).
- Use the editor to enter and format text and/or use the Add Media button to add an image to your post.
- Click the blue Publish button* (at right) to save your changes.
- *Once a post has been published, the Publish button changes to Update.
Edit an existing post
- Click Edit Post in the admin bar at top, or in the post itself (may show as Edit or Edit Post).
- After making your revisions, click the blue Update button (at right) to save your changes.
Writing and Managing your Content
- Posts and Pages and what’s the difference?
- Creating a New Post
- Creating a New Page
- Categorizing Posts
- Controlling comments
Still have WordPress questions?
- Create a Help Ticket or call the Computer Center at 360-867-6227
- WordPress FAQ - common questions
- WordPress Tutorial - step by step introduction