Creating a New Project - PE
From Help Wiki
Collect Source Media
Before starting a project in Premiere Elements collect and organize any materials that will be used in the project: audio, still images, video clips.
- Create a folder with your name on the desktop.
- Inside your folder, create folders for audio, stills, and video, and place files accordingly.
- Launch Premiere Elements from the dock at the bottom of the screen.
- From the top menu, go to File > Save Project As.
- Name the project descriptively (with your name), and choose to save into your project folder on the desktop.