Creating a PDF from a File
This article assumes you do not have Adobe Acrobat Pro installed.
Microsoft Office Users (Mac and Windows)
PDF creation is built-in to new versions of Microsoft Office
- From any MS Office Document go File > Save As
- Choose PDF from the File Format dropdown
PDF creation is built-in to the Mac OS. You do not need any special software installed.
- From any application on your Macintosh go File > Print
- From the PDF drop-down menu (lowerleft) choose "Save as PDF"
- Enter the filename and location to save your pdf
- Click Save to create and save your pdf
Create a PDF on MS Windows
Windows Option 1
Windows 10 has print to PDF built-in. From any app choose File > Print > Microsoft Print to PDF.
Using an older version of WIndows? Try some of the options below.
WIndows Option 2
Use a program's built-in Export to PDF. Google Chrome, MS Office and LibreOffice all had s
Windows Option 3
Install a PDF Printer like CutePDFWriter. Be sure to uncheck the Ask Toolbar and other bloatware while installing.