DELETE Studio, Archive, Field- Film Edit Suites
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 16:30, 10 January 2019 by Williaas
The Film Edit Suites are located in Com 325 A,B,C and D.
- The film edit suites require a proficiency. This is often covered in a workshop in class.
- Students working independently can request a proficiency by filling out the Media Proficiency Request form.
- The students can schedule time and checkout keys from at Media Loan.
- Here are the access policies.
- If a student want to schedule past the building hours until they need to fill uut the late night access form available at the Com Info Office. This allows a them to schedule until 2am.
Each suite has a variety of equipment.
- Rewinds mounted to the table.
- 2 spring clamps for the rewinds
- 16mm splicer
- 16mm viewer
- 1 split reel
- 1 metal take up reel
- grease pencil
- paper tape
- hole punch
- exacto knife
- cutting mat
- extra cores
- 16mm leader
325A has an Moviola flat bed editor. Do not use without training.
- Follow Com Building access and late night access procedures
- Sign the log book and enter any problems.
- Clean up after your self.
- Clean tape off of the splicer
- Clean tape off of the table and walls
- Pick up bits of film
- Edit your film onto the take up reel.
- Rewind your edited film back onto the split reel or your own daylight spool or take up reel.
- Do not take our split reel or take up reel.
- It's okay to take a core.
- At the end of each quarter all film left in the room will be thrown out.
- Only splice one side while editing.
- It's easier to take the splice apart while re-editing.
- Before running through a projector:
- make sure to double splice each edit.
- make sure each sprocket hole is clean.