Elinchrom Studio Light Kit Operating Guide
These lights brightly flash in response to taking a picture automatically. The kit should work with any camera with a hot shoe, like the Canon Rebels and 6D. You can usually tell the shoe mount on top looks like conductive metal. The kit comes with 2 lights, stands, remote and various light covers.
hot shoe for remote,
- test flash on light itself with top right button
- test remote with button on it and check if both lights respond.
- test camera triggering remote by installing remote onto cameras hot shoe mount on top. the hot shoe means it is electrically connected and by triggering the camera to *take a picture, it sends out a trigger to the light kit via the remote.
- if the above tests work but not the camera trigger, then take the camera out of live view mode (the little camera button that shows makes the screen show your image before taking pictures) and be sure to do a full and not just a half press on the shutter release (picture taking button)
- If you need to change the bulb, make sure it is off. Do not touch bulb with bare hands or it could explode, use the gloves to protect the bulb form your hand oils. Upon return inform Media Loan that a bulb was used.
be sure to store with black hard cover over the light protecting teh bulbs
each buttons meaning what the number refers to
there are two attachments to choose from
- The grey reflector is a single item installed after unlocking the blue switch on the side of the light
- The soft box is constructed from the white soft box bas and the contents of a small black bag including 4 black rods and 2 covers, 1 white and the other silver and black.