Employee Policy Training for Faculty: Info and Help
This training covers the following areas:
- Information Technology (IT) Security
- Appropriate Use of IT Resources
- Non-Discrimination Policies and Procedures
- Public Records Act
- Ethics in Public Service
- FERPA: Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
For questions about what the "Employee Policy Training for Faculty" is and/or to make an accommodations request, please contact Human Resource Services.
Employees in need of an accommodation to complete the training due to a disability, a language barrier, or other issue are asked to contact Human Resource Services so that arrangements can be made.
This guide will walk you through:
- the enrollment process
- accessing the Canvas course
- who to contact for technical help
- setting your Canvas Notification Preferences before you start the training
The Enrollment Process and What to Expect
You will be enrolled into the course automatically, in the role of Student.
With enrollment, you should receive an email from the Deans' Area providing information about the training and indicating the date by which you must complete the training.
How to access the Canvas Course
- Go to your my.evergreen page and click on the Canvas Home link on the right side of the page.
- Go to canvas.evergreen.edu to access your Canvas Dashboard and list of any courses you are associated with.
Experiencing Technical Issues?
You can submit a support ticket through Canvas. To do so:
- Click on Help at bottom of the Global Navigation Menu at far left.
- From the pop-out menu, select Report a Problem. Include a subject and as much detail as you can.
If you are unable to submit a ticket through Canvas Help, please go to help.evergreen.edu to contact Academic Technologies/Canvas support staff.
Set your Canvas Notifications Preferences
Canvas can send notification emails to your Evergreen email depending on activity in the course by you and/or the trainers.
Before you begin the training, adjust your preferences to determine the frequency and amount of notifications you would like to receive while working through the course.
- From Canvas, click on Account in the menu bar at far left (this bar may appear green or dark gray).
- At the pop-out window, click on Notifications.
- At the Notifications Preferences page, locate the notification and click on the icon for your preferred setting.
TIP: If you do not want to receive a Canvas email notification each time you complete a quiz:
- Go to the notification setting for Grading and click on the X icon.
See also this illustrated Canvas guide, How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as a student?