Enrollment Information for Canvas
Help for Faculty and Staff
Canvas allows us to create a living class list. When students enroll in your course via Registration they are added to your course that same day. Please note that this does not mean they have immediate access to your course.
When will students be added to my course and when will they have access?
Here is how this works:
- Faculty still control access by publishing the course when they are ready
- Winter Quarter students who join an existing Fall Canvas Site will be enrolled when they register but will not have access until the Friday of Evaluation Week of Fall Quarter.
- Spring Quarter students who join an existing Fall and/or Winter Canvas Site will be enrolled when they register but will not have access until the Friday of Evaluation Week of Winter Quarter
What if I see student names I do not recognize?
- The People list in Canvas is live data, and for a student to appear in your course they must have registered for it.
- Students who drop your course will have their enrollment concluded automatically.