Enrollment Information for Canvas
Help for Faculty and Staff
Canvas allows us to create a living class list. When students enroll in your course via Registration they are added to your course that same day. Please note that this does not mean they have immediate access to your course.
When will students be added to my course and when will they have access?
Here is how this works:
- Faculty still control access by publishing the course when they are ready
- Students admitted to an on going course will be added the Friday of Evaluation Week of the prior quarter. For example, Winter Quarter students joining an on going Fall offering will be added the Friday of Evaluation Week of Fall Quarter.
What if I see student names I do not recognize?
- The People list in Canvas is live data, and for a student to appear in your course they must have registered for it.
- Students who drop your course will have their enrollment concluded automatically.
Wait listed Students
- Students on your wait list will not have access to your course until they are actually moved off the wait list and officially registered
- Students who submit a signed add/drop form to Registration and Records can expect access to your course the next day
- You may request that wait listed students be added to your course by contacting Academic Computing at http://help.evergreen.edu