- In the MML and Non-Linear Editing suites the computers have 1.5 TB drives for storing files.
- These drives have two partitions, one called the Storage and one called Local Work.
- Normally students should save their work to the Storage. This drive is available to all user and should be used when collaborating with other students.
- Each users Home folder is saved to Local Work. For a private place to store your files save them inside your Home Folder (Desktop, Documents, etc).
- Always keep a copy on a second drive or network storage space.
- The Storage and Local Work are erased at the end of every quarter on Thursday morning of eval week.
- Academic programs may have program shares on the servers Orca or Rosebud.
- There is a share on Nimrod for temporary file storage. Temporary Files on Rosebud is for transferring files between stations. Files will be deleted after 1 week.
- There is more information on campus network file space.