Difference between revisions of "File Space Overview"
From Help Wiki
(→Connecting to Evergreen's File Servers)
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
Revision as of 11:47, 1 July 2008
What is networked file space?
Network file space is a folder on the network which is available to all Evergreen staff and faculty and students by request. Students can request file space through my.evergreen.edu.
Why use it?
- The floppy disk in your back pack will quit working some day.
- If your hard drive stops working, you might not be able to extract your files from it.
- Evergreen's servers are backed up nightly, which means your files are safe.
- Files saved on servers are accessible from all campus computers. You can also access them from home.
Getting Started with File Space
Evergreen's File Servers
- Calawah - general access student file shares
- Masu - scientific computing file shares
- Nimrod - media file shares
- Hurricane - Faculty & Staff file shares