File Space Overview
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 17:48, 19 November 2008 by Rip
What is networked file space?
Network file space is a folder on the network which is available to all Evergreen staff and faculty by default, and for students by request. Students can request file space through my.evergreen.edu.
Why use it?
- The floppy disk in your back pack will quit working some day.
- You will inevitably lose your thumbdrive (flashdrive) somewhere.
- If your hard drive stops working, you might not be able to extract your files from it.
- Evergreen's servers are backed up every 24 hours, which means your data are safe.
- Files saved on servers are accessible from all campus computers. You can also access them from home.
Getting Started with File Space
Evergreen's File Servers
- Calawah - general access student file shares
- Masu - scientific computing file shares
- Nimrod - media file shares
- Hurricane - Faculty & Staff file shares