File Space Overview

From Help Wiki
Revision as of 18:10, 9 December 2008 by Rip (Talk | contribs) (Connecting to Evergreen's File Servers)


Network file space is a folder on the network which is available to all Evergreen staff and faculty by default, and for students by request. Students can request file space through Student shares are located on a server called Calawah. If you are a student in the Media Arts, you may also have filespace available on Nimrod, or if you are in the sciences you may have space on Masu. Spaces on these last two servers are available only through your academic program.

Why use it?

  • The floppy disk in your back pack will quit working some day.
  • You will inevitably lose your thumbdrive (flashdrive) somewhere.
  • If your hard drive stops working, you might not be able to extract your files from it.
  • Evergreen's servers are backed up every 24 hours, which means your data are safe.
  • Files saved on servers are accessible from all campus computers. You can also access them from home.

Connecting to Evergreen's File Servers

Hurricane hosts personal fileshares for Faculty & Staff as well as staff work areas. For help with hurricane filespace, please contact Technical Support Services at 867-6627

Calawah is the primary student personal and program fileshare server. Once you have established your Evergreen Login, you can request personal file space. Go to to request your space. Some programs have program file sharing space, too. If your program has network files, you can access them through the directory at

Masu - is the filserver for science program shares, science faculty, staff and students. For more information and help with this resource contact the CAL.

Nimrod is the primary fileserver for students and faculty in the media arts. For help with this resource, contact the folks at Electronic Media.