GCORE - WordPress
- Getting Started with WordPress - What is WordPress and how is it being used at Evergreen?
Create a New WordPress Site
- Create your first site if you are new to blogs.evergreen.edu.
- Learn how to create additional sites if you already have a site at blogs.evergreen.edu.
Driving in WordPress
Writing and Managing your content
- Get Published - Pages and Posts
- Create your "Home" page - explore the text editor and add some filler content
- Create your "news" page (optional)
- Change what your front page displays if you'd prefer a static pages instead your latest posts.
- Categories and Tags - only if you're working with Posts on a News page
Designing Your Site
Working with themes
Themes allow you to change the design of your blog at anytime. Changing your theme will not affect the primary content of your site.
- Choose a theme
- Customize your header image - some themes allow for you to add your own header image Appearance > Header Image (may only appear if your chosen theme supports custom header images)
- Make additional changes to your theme (advanced)
Many themes support sidebar content. Often times if you don't anything to your side bar a default set of "widgets" will appear. You can change this by adding your own widgets.
- Custom Menus - allow you to modify the navigation for your site