General Policies of the Computer Center
The Evergreen Social Contract helps define the guidelines for respectful behavior for the Evergreen community. The Computer Center's mission to provide an atmosphere that is supportive of your academic work can only be achieved by asking that all patrons and staff adhere to the social contract. Specifically:
- The individual members of the Evergreen community are responsible for protecting each other and visitors on campus from physical harm, from personal threats, and from uncivil abuse.
- Civility is not just a word; it must be present in all our interactions.
Appropriate Use of Technology
The resources provided by The Computer Center are governed by the Appropriate Use Policy for Technology Resources
Evergreen's appropriate use of policy can be found at: https://www.evergreen.edu/policies/policy/appropriateuseofinformationtechnologyresources
- Please leave your bicycles outside the Computer Center. This helps keep walkways clear in case of emergencies.
- We appreciate you eating food in the designated lounge areas only.
- Drink containers with lids are allowed near the computers.
- Service animals are the only animals allowed in the Computer Center.
- Use headphones! You can check them out from Media Loan.
There is currently no additional printing charge for student generated academic work. The Computer Center reserves the right to hold large print jobs that could cause delays to other patrons or damage to the printers based on their length or excessive use of toner (solid black prints.)
- Thanks, but we can fix the printers. Let us know if they need attention.
- We prefer that you limit your printing to single copies.
- We have a rolling per-job page limit to help prevent large, time consuming jobs from going through without first verifying that the print work is academic and absolutely necessary.
- We kindly ask that you help us reduce our printer usage whenever possible and are very happy to help you print double sided, condensed work.
- Print jobs that are not academic or pose a risk to our equipment will be paused (held) until we can discuss print job with you
- Specialized workstations are prioritized for students who specifically need that equipment.
Lost & Found
The Computer Center keeps a Lost and Found of USB drives and other items. Valuable items are immediately brought to police services.