Getting Started with Teams
Teams can be used for chat, audio and video calls and video meetings. Everyone with an Evergreen account has access to basic features to Teams. Later if a user is added to a team additional features will be available.
Basic features include:
- Chat and group chat
- Read our Group Chat article for details
- Audio and video calls
- Video Meetings
- Video meetings and calls do not have a time limit like the basic Zoom accounts do.
Accessing Teams via the web
Teams can be used as a web app. Microsoft has an article that details the differences between using Teams on different platforms.
The web app has these limitations during video meetings
- Only one active speaker
- No together mode
- No background blur
- No custom background
- No live captions
To login to the web app:
- Go to office.com and click sign in in the top right
- Enter your Evergreen email and click Next
- Enter your Evergreen password and click Sign In
- Click the Teams icon along the left side
- The next window might ask to get the app or use the web app
- Click Use the web app instead