Difference between revisions of "Getting Started with Zoom"
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
====Join a Meeting====
====Join a Meeting====
Revision as of 18:19, 13 June 2022
Zoom is free for anyone invited to attend a meeting. Zoom accounts are available by logging in via SSO (Single Sign On) to evergreen.zoom.us or via SSO in the Zoom desktop ap with your My Evergreen login and password.
About Zoom Accounts
- Zoom Basic accounts are available for Evergreen members and allow meetings up to 40 min. with up to 100 attendees. One-on-one meetings are not limited to 40 minutes.
- Zoom Pro accounts allow for meetings longer than 40 minutes and can host up to 300 participants.
- All faculty are automatically assigned a Pro account.
- Staff or students needing a pro account can request one at help.evergreen.edu.
- Please only request a Pro account if you need to host a multi-participant Zoom conference longer than 40 minutes.
Microsoft Team Meetings is a great alternative if you need to host multi-participant meetings longer than 40 minutes. All community members have a Teams license available by logging in at office.com.
If you'd like to host a meeting for your class or college-related business see:
- Schedule a Zoom Meeting in Your Canvas Course
- Schedule a Zoom Meeting via the Web Portal
- Zoom Security - Best Practices for Scheduling Meetings
Pre-Assigning Participants to Breakout Rooms
- Zoom guide: Pre-assigning participants to breakout rooms
- Go to/sign in at https://evergreen.zoom.us
- In the menu at left of the page, click “Settings”
- At the Settings page, under the “Meeting” heading, click “In Meeting (Advanced)”
- At the “Breakout room” setting, check the box to “Allow host to assign participants to breakout rooms when scheduling” -- that action should just auto-save.
- Go back to the Canvas site to schedule a meeting and pre-assign participants.
- Zoom Basic accounts are available for all staff members by logging in to evergreen.zoom.us with your My Evergreen login and password.
- If you require a Zoom Pro license you can request it from the Tech Support Center by submitting a help ticket. Also consider using Microsoft Teams meeting instead. Many office have already transitioned away from Zoom and are taking advantage of the integrated collaboration tools built into Team Meetings.
See Zoom's Help Center for instructions.
Join a Meeting
Zoom Accessibility Notes
- Zoom – Accessibility features
- Zoom – Closed captioning
- Zoom – Hot keys and keyboard shortcuts
- Zoom – Automatic transcriptions
- Zoom is WCAG 2.1 AA compliant
Zoom and Special A/V Requirements
Keywords: web conferencing