Greener Commons is an online discussion forum pilot project for Evergreen community members.
All Evergreen community members are encouraged to login and participate. Discussions are only viewable to logged-in users. This is a one year pilot starting Winter of 2014.
How can I participate?
- Login (with your Evergreen login and password)
- View topics by what's new or by category
- Create your topic
- Reply to an existing topic
How do I change my avatar, username and email subscription settings?
Once you've logged in...
- Go to your User Page by clicking on your username in the upper right
- Go to Preferences to change your profile info as well as email settings
- Change your avatar, choose an image that best represents you and a username that will be connected to your posts and replies (you will still login with your Evergreen login)
How can I receive lots of emails like I do with TESCtalk/TESCcrier
We have seen a few messages from students, staff and faculty regarding their desire to continue the model of receiving a message every time anything is posted. This is related to how the email lists worked, you ended up with a lot of mail you could look at later without having to login to read.
You can do this with Commons:
- Login and click on your avatar
- Select Preferences
- Under "Email" Check all the boxes
- Hit Save
This should provide for a very similar experience to TESC Crier. I would suggest that instead of spamming yourself you come hang out with us in Commons, but I hope this helps those who prefer email.
What are the Use Guidelines?
Be humane, be reasonable, be kind. This is a place where we hope to build and strengthen our community. For more information see the Greener Commons Use Guidelines.
How can I get involved?
Come to a monthly meeting of the Greener Commons Workgroup. Meeting times will be announced in the Commons itself, more info can be found at this topic in the Commons - https://commons.evergreen.edu/t/greener-commons-pilot-project-workgroup/374
What about TESCTalk and TESCCrier?
During the Greener Commons pilot we are considering phasing out TESCTalk and TESCCrier. People are encouraged to use Greener Commons for college-wide communications.
What forum software is Greener Commons using?
Greener Commons is built using Discourse, an open source discussion platform.
What are the system requirements/supported devices?
- Internet Explorer 10+
- Google Chrome 24+
- Firefox 14+
- Safari 5.1+
- Mobile Safari, iOS 6+
- Mobile Chrome, Android 4.1+
- Mobile IE, Windows Phone 8 or later
Need Additional Help?