Difference between revisions of "Group Chat with Teams"
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
# Select '''Pin'''
# Select '''Pin'''
Revision as of 15:26, 28 December 2020
Teams can be used for group chats with anyone with an Evergreen account.
- Group chats can be named
- You can chat with anyone with an Evergreen account
- You do not need to be on a Team with someone to chat with them
Start a Chat
You can include up to 250 people in a group chat (not recommended).
- In the Teams app click the Chat icon on the left sidebar
- Click New Chat (the pencil icon) at the top of the chat list
- Enter the names of the people you want to add to the chat
- Click the down arrow at to the far right of the names field
- Enter a name for the group chat
- Type a message and click send
Add More People
More people can be added after the chat has started. When new users are added you can select who much of the chat history they can see.
- Click the view and add participants icon in the top right of the chat window
- Select Add people
- Enter the name or email of the new participant.
- Select how much of the chat history the new users can see
- Don't include chat history
- Include history from the past number of days - Enter a number
- Include all chat history
- Click Add
Pin a Chat
Pinning can be used to keep track of chats
- Pinned chats appear at the top of the chat list
- Drag the chats to re-order them
- You can have 15 pinned chats
- Select the chat in you chat list
- Select More Options (the three horizontal dots)
- Select Pin
Participants can add files to a group chat.
Adding file from OneDrive
- In the chat click the Attach button (paper clip icon)
- Select OneDrive
- Find and select the file that you want to add
- Type a message if needed
- Click the send button
- The attached file remains in it's original location in your OneDrive
- The other members of the chat will be given write access to the file