How to Use HelpWiki Page Layouts
From Help Wiki
How to Use Page Layouts to Design your Help Wiki Page.
Page Layouts that Utilize Templates
- Templates allow the user to format pages into preexisting layouts without needing to know HTML.
- However once the page is in template format you cannot use the visual editor, because the visual editor only works with pages in HTML
- If you want to convert your page from template format to HTML input "subst:" right before the start of the template
- How to set up a template
Page Layouts that Remain in HTML
- Use of HTML to build the page allows the user to utilize the visual editor when editing a page
- If you do not know how to write HTML you can copy and paste HTML from other formatted pages to style your page.
- The HTML pages in the Page layout catagory list common HTML formats for pages to copy and paste.