How to Use HelpWiki Page Layouts
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 14:41, 12 May 2017 by Greenea
How to Use Page Layouts to Design your Help Wiki Page.
Page Layouts Using Templates
- Templates allow the user to format pages into preexisting layouts without needing to know HTML.
- How to set up a template
Editing pages built using templates
Pages using layout template cannot be edited via visual editor
- To enable Visual Editor editing, you'll want to convert your page from template format to HTML
- input "subst:" right before the start of the template and save the page. The template syntax will be replaced by the html layout tags
Page Layouts Using HTML Layouts
- Use of HTML to build the page allows the user to utilize the visual editor right away when creating a page
- Copy and paste the HTML layout from other formatted pages to style your page.
- The HTML pages in the Page layout category list common HTML formats for pages to copy and paste.