How to Use HelpWiki Page Layouts
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 16:04, 16 May 2017 by Carpenti
How to Use Page Layouts to Design your Help Wiki Page.
Page Layouts Using Templates
- Templates allow the user to format pages into preexisting layouts without needing to know HTML.
How to set up a template
- There are two ways to utilize templates when creating pages in the Evergreen HelpWiki layout
Step One: Copy and paste template syntax.
- Navigate from the home page to the category Web Publishing and click Wiki Admin
- From the Wiki Amin Catagory, click on the subcategory Page Layouts
- Select the page that utilizes the template you want to use for your page.
- From the page navigate to the ... icon and select edit source
- Highlight the syntax in the editing box included in the curly brackets
Step Two: Utilize the template to format your page
- Navigate back to your page and select Edit Source
- Paste the syntax you copied from the template example page into the editing box for your page
- Follow the instructions included in the syntax in order to fill in the template with your content
You can contact Academic technologies if you need any help creating a MediaWiki page
Editing pages built using templates
Pages using layout template cannot be edited via visual editor
- To enable Visual Editor editing, you'll want to convert your page from template format to HTML
- input "subst:" right before the start of the template and save the page. The template syntax will be replaced by the html layout tags
Page Layouts Using HTML Layouts
- Use of HTML to build the page allows the user to utilize the visual editor right away when creating a page
- Copy and paste the HTML layout from other formatted pages to style your page.
- The HTML pages in the Page layout category list common HTML formats for pages to copy and paste.