Difference between revisions of "Installing Microsoft Office for Home Use"
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
Latest revision as of 18:00, 1 December 2020
Current faculty, staff, and students are authorized to install Microsoft Office for home use. There is no charge for the install and you are authorized for 3 installations under one account (PC and Mac or a combination). Note, this is only available for Windows or Mac OS. It is not compatible with Chrome OS or Chromebooks.
To install Microsoft Office on a Mac or PC, start by going to the following page:
Get the Installer
- On the Sign In screen, you'll need to enter in your FULL Evergreen email address.
- Use your Evergreen password (the same as you use for my.evergreen)
- The Office 365 Portal will load.
- In the top right corner, click the "Install Office" button, and then select the "Office 365 apps".
- The will start to download. It's a 1.5GB file so it could take awhile.
- Once the file has downloaded, follow the instructions on the screen to install the program.
Authorize the Apps
- After the apps install open Excel, Word or PowerPoint.
- Click Sign In in the top left of the app.
- Sign in with your Evergreen account.
- This only authorizes the current user account not all users.
- Once you are signed in to the app you will have access to your OneDrive files from within the app.
- Click Sign Out to sign out of OneDrive.
- This will leave the app authorized for the computer but prevent another user from accessing your files.