Interrogating Emotions - Olympus Recorders and Audacity
From Help Wiki
- Sound in Air lecture
Below is a USB setting we discovered during the second workshop.
USB and Power Settings
The USB Connection setting needs to be changed to either connect the recorder to a computer or to power the recorder from AC while recording. There are 3 options:
- PC: allows the recorder to be connected to a computer. Can be used to charge the batteries.
- AC Adapter: allows the recorder to be in record mode while connected to AC. Can be used to charge the batteries.
- Optional: anytime the recorder is connected to a computer or the AC Adaptor it will display a menu to select PC or AC Adapter. Use this setting.
- Press the MENU button
- Forward through the tabs to the DEVICE MENU
- Press the - button down to select USB Settings and press OK.
- Select USB Connection and press OK.
- Select Optional and press OK.
- While playing an audio file the speed can be changed from 50% to 400%.
- During playback the up and down arrow button on the front right of the recorder adjust the playback speed.
- Leave it set to 100%.
- If the playback speed was set to 90% the recording would sound close to normal but it might have a weird sound. This could have been the cause of the weird modulations some of you heard while playing files during the workshop.