Lyris for List Admins
Learn the ins and out of managing your Lyris List.
Administering Your List
Please note: yourlist is used throughout this tutorial and should be replaced with the name of your list.
- go to: http://lists.evergreen.edu
- at the login prompt:
- enter your evergreen e-mail address
- enter your Lyris password (this password is NOT your Evergreen password and is provided to you by Academic Computing)
- verify your current list is yourlist (upper right corner of page)
- Click on Utilities and from there you can browse all of the options for your list
Your List settings are set up in a fairly standard configuration so you shouldn't need to modify anything. If you do need to make significant changes please contact Academic Computing so we can make sure list security is maintained.
Manage List Membership
Once your list has been setup by Academic Computing, getting members subscribed is the next step. List Admins can choose if they want to let members self-subscribe or manually add members to the list.
Let members self-Subscribe
- Self-subscription in Lyris - this is perhaps the easiest
Manually add members
Faculty can add all the addresses for a program to a list by using the Custom Class List feature of Banner to generate a list of student emails.
- Access the Members section of the Lyris admin (see Administering Your List above)
- Paste the generated list into the Create Many Members window on the Admin page for your list (Lyris will accept combinations of names and email addresses in various formats).
View list of members
You may want to view your lists members to make sure your students get signed up properly.
- Access the admin section of your list (see above)
- Click on Members from the Utilities menu. You can also manually add members here.
Change Your Lyris Password
You can change your password from the Member List window located on the Utilities tab.
- click on your account in the upper right
- select the Settings tab
- change your password
- click the Save button in the lower right corner
Alert: please do not use the same password you use for your Evergreen account. Lyris passwords are not strongly encrypted.
Using your list
- Basics of Using Lyris Lists - reading and sending to a list