Software resources for remote learning Spring Quarter 2020
This is a list of software we have installed in media labs that is available for use on home computers.
Some of the apps are available for a limited time.
Some apps are normally available for free
- Ableton Live
- The trial version of Live will now work for 90 days instead of 30 days.
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Free audio editor
- Installed of most computers on campus
- Free and open source 3D modeling and animation application
- Free app for downloading from YouTube and other sources
- To be used for academic purposes under fair use guidelines.
- DaVinci Resolve
- Resolve combines video editing, color correction, visual effects and audio post-production in one application.
- A free version is available.
- We have Resolve installed in the Multimedia Lab but the staff are not trained to provide support.
- Free and open source video transcoder
- They have provided temporary licenses for students to use at home.
- Contact your faculty
- Free storyboarding app
- VCV Rack
- Open source virtual eurorack synth
- Free and open source media player
This is a list of applications that may be useful but that we do not have installed on campus or support.
- Logic Pro X