Mediawiki upgrade to 1.20 - New Features
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 15:51, 5 August 2013 by Greenea
- WikiEditor is now built into core
- [FancyBoxThumbs http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:FancyBoxThumbs] - The FancyBoxThumbs extension displays thumb nailed images in a Mac-style "lightbox" that floats overtop of web page. This can create a more user friendly environment, where the user doesn't leave the page every time they click a thumbnail.
- Collapsible Elements - allow you to show/hide additional content on your page using text or buttons
- User Merge and Delete
New Mediawiki-Bootstrap Skin
- Is now responsive and looks great on a variety of devices
- Sidebar content has been consolidated into top navbar Toolbox, blue Page button, and Account button. Removing sidebars allows for readers to focus page content.
- Custom navigation can be added as drop-downs in the top navbar.
- To customize your navbar go to the MediaWiki:bootstrap-navbar page in your site.
- For an example of how to custom see the Help Wiki's navbar at MediaWiki:bootstrap-navbar.
- "Toolbox" and "SEARCH" are special words that will add key functionality to your navbar.
Default Settings in New Wikis
- Taxobox templates have been included in the SkelDB. All new sites are ready to go with taxobox and will recognize taxobox syntax..
- New Mediawiki-Bootstrap is set to be the default skin
Release Notes since our last version 1.15
- New diff view for greater accessibility (less dependent upon colors)
- Collapsible Elements
- Renameuser — A special page which allows authorized users to rename user accounts.
- Vector — Enhancements to the Vector skin.
- WikiEditor — An improved and customizable editing toolbar developed along the Vector skin.
- Better gender support for languages that need it
- Category sorting has been drastically improved. Sorting is now case insensitive.