Mediaworks- Intro to Premiere Pro
From Help Wiki
- Premiere Pro is a non-destructive non-linear video editing application.
- Parts of it may seem similar to Audition and After Effects but other parts will function differently.
- There are advanced features for linking Audition and After Effects with Premiere Pro.
- Intro to Premiere Pro
- What is Premiere Pro
- Do not work directly from Orca.
- Make a folder on the Desktop with a meaningful name.
- Make sub-folders called
- Copies all source files to the appropriate folders before importing to Premiere.
- File Management Steps
- Starting a New Project
- Remember to name the project
- Set the location to your project folder
Premiere Pro Interface
- Interface article
- Media Bowser
- Source Monitor
- Program Monitor
- Effects Controls
- Essential Graphics
- Remember to copy the file to your project folder before importing.
Create a New Sequence
- It is easier to import your files into Premiere before creating a new sequence.
- Your animations should be 1920 x 1080 30fps to 1280 x 960 30 fps.
- Import your video files into the project.
- Pick a file which represents the majority of your files (in terms of dimensions, frame rate, compression etc).
- Select that file in the Project panel. Right click and select New Sequence From Clip.
- A new Sequence will be added to the Project panel and it will open int the Timeline panel.
- Change the sequence name to something meaningful by clicking on the sequence name in the Project panel.
- Exporting Video Article
- Adobe Media Encoder allows you to export multiple versions of the same sequence and it allows you to keep working in Premiere while export is encoding.
- To use Adobe Media Encoder first follow the steps above.
- Click the Queue button and Adobe Media Encoder will open.
- Drag a preset onto the name of your sequence to add the preset to the Queue.
- Use the 1920 Screening ProRes 422LT preset for class playback.
- Use the H.264 Match Source - High Bit Rate for Windows playback and uploading to Youtube.
- Click the Start Queue button (green play button) to start the exporting.