Medium Format Cameras Proficiency Test
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 12:07, 21 January 2021 by Zornesn
- Answers can be found in Medium Format Cameras Operating Guide.
Complete this written portion on a separate sheet of paper before arriving for your operational proficiency.
- What size film do the Mamiya cameras use? What size are the pictures taken with these cameras? How many exposures to a roll?
- What is the significance of the two red dots or triangles inside the back of the camera, and how do they effect the loading of the camera?
- When would you use the magnifier? How do you set it up?
- Identify the differences between the film advance and shutter cocking mechanisms on the different cameras.
- Where does the empty spool at the bottom of the camera go in order to load a new roll of film?
- Explain the difference between a 35mm camera and a medium format camera.
- What is the function of the MX sync selector? Why should you not set the self-timer with it in the "M" position?
- How do you rewind the film?
- What is the extent of your financial responsibility when you check out equipment from Media Loan?
- (To be done during your scheduled appointment)
- Identify all parts and controls on the camera, and identify differences between cameras.
- Remove the camera from its case and load it, taking note of how easily the case can be damaged.
- The back cover latch ring is marked with a "C" and an "O". Describe what do they stand for and how to use them.
- Set the shutter speed to 1/125th sec. and f-stop to f4.
- Demonstrate focusing and framing using the viewing screen, critical focus magnifier, and sports finder.
- Cock the shutter and take a picture, advance the film.
- Use the self-timer properly, explain flash sync function and precautions
- Wind film through camera and demonstrate proper film handling when unloading camera.
- Demonstrate proper lens cleaning techniques and finally close up the camera and prepare it for storage.