Migrating to Exchange Online
What to expect following your mailbox migration to Exchange Online.
Migrations from the college-hosted Exchange 2010 to Exchange Online are happening in staged groups. You will be notified of the migration process via email prior to your migration.
There will be no impact on your workflows during the migration process. Once your account has been migrated, you can view your mailbox via the updated web application by logging in to portal.office.com with your Evergreen credentials.
Connecting a local mail client to Exchange Online
- Post-migration, any mail clients you use may need to be reconnected.
- Many mail clients will automatically reconnect but may require your confirmation to approve the new auto-discovery server to get new settings for your account. Please allow your client to connect.
- You might need to disconnect your account from the mail client and re-connect using the Exchange account connector.
What may stop working post-migration
- If you manage reservations for a resource mailbox (often a meeting room) that is still hosted via Exchange 2010, you will no longer be able to approve reservation until that resource mailbox has been migrated.
- If you shared calendars in the previous iteration, you may need to reconnect.