Migrating to Exchange Online
What to expect following your mailbox migration to Exchange Online.
About the Migration
Migrations from the college-hosted Exchange 2010 to Exchange Online are happening in staged groups. You will be notified of the migration process via email prior to your migration. There will be no disruption in service during the migration process.
How will this affect me?
- Once your account has been migrated, you can view your mailbox via the updated web application by logging in to portal.office.com with your Evergreen email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- Post-migration, desktop or mobile mail clients (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc.) may need to have the Exchange Account reconnected. See: How to Reconnect to Exchange post Migration
- Many mail clients will automatically reconnect but may require your confirmation to approve the new auto-discovery server to get new settings for your account. Please allow your client to connect.
- Your data will continue to be secure. For data security and privacy questions see: Microsoft's Trust Center.
What may stop working post-migration
- Faculty/Staff who were forwarding their mailbox off-campus will no longer be able to per college policy.
- If you manage reservations for a resource mailbox (often a meeting room) that is still hosted via Exchange 2010, you will no longer be able to approve reservations until that resource mailbox has been migrated.
- If you shared calendars in the previous iteration, you may need to reconnect.
- If you manage any DLs, until they are also migrated you may not be able to update membership.
Microsoft provides many training materials for their products. Please see Office 365 Email Help to learn more about setting up and using Office 365 and Outlook email.