Official Name Change

From Help Wiki
Revision as of 11:57, 4 October 2011 by Wardf (Talk | contribs)

Making an official name change at Evergreen

Name change request form

Students and former students - Documentation must be provided before a name change can be processed for official records. Acceptable documents include Valid Driver's License, Social Security Card, Marriage Certificate or License, Court Order, Valid Military ID, Valid State ID, Birth Certificate, US Bureau of Indian Affairs ID, or Federally recognized Indian Tribal Enrollment Card.

You may fax your name change documentation to the Registration & Records Office at 360.867.6680. You may also bring it by in person. We are located on the first floor of the Library building, room 1101, and we are open from 9 am to 4 pm weekdays (except holidays). If you wish to mail the proper documentation, please use this address:

The Evergreen State College

Registration & Records

Library 1101

Olympia, WA 98505

Employed Students - Report name changes to both Registration & Records and the Student Employment Office in the lower level of the Library Building, 1115.

Faculty and Staff - Employee name changes are processed in the Human Resource Services office located in Library 3102. Employees need to present the correct documentation in person along with a complete name change request form available here or at the Human Resource Services office.

Faculty and staff who are teaching or carrying Learning Contracts/Internships report name changes to the Dean's area support staff on the second floor of the Library building.

If you are an employee (faculty, staff, or student) federal regulations require employers to validate that the employee's name on record exactly matches the name which appears on the individual's social security card to ensure proper tax reporting.