Olympus LS-100 - Menu System
Instructions for using the Olympus LS-100 Portable Audio Recorder
Internal Memory = 4Gb
PCM WAV 48.0 kHz/16 bit = 4 hours 45 min
PCM WAV 48.0 kHz/24 bit = 3 hours
PCM WAV 44.1 kHz/16 bit = 5 hours
PCM WAV 44.1 kHz/24 bit = 3 hours 15 min
MP3 320 kbps = 22 hours 30 min
Purchasing your own 8Gb card will give you 2X as much recording time.
Formatting the SD Card and Erasing all data
Perform this function before every use to ensure maximum file space and to erase all data before turning it back in to Media Loan.
- Press the MENU button
- Forward through the tabs to the DEVICE MENU
- Press the - button down to FORMAT
- Press OK to Format
- Press OK to select Internal Memory or SD Card (You must provide your own card)
- Press OK to select Start, repeat.
Press the MENU button
- Normal - each microphone that is being used to record produces it's respective track.
- Overdub - this allows you to dub a new track over a file that is being played back. The original file does not get erased.
- Play Sync - allows you to record only the input sound that is being played along with the playback of a previously recorded track.
- V-Sync Rec - a feature that automatically starts a recording when the recorder detects a sound louder than the voice sync level (detection level) setting; when the sound level decreases, recording stops automatically.
Mic Gain this option let's you adjust the sensitivity of the selected mic
- Built-in Mic - Hi (preferable), Mid, Lo
- External Mic - Hi (preferable), Mid, Lo
- XLR L - Hi or Lo
- XLR R - Hi or Lo
- Manual - let's you adjust the recording manually. Preferred.
- Auto - the recording level is adjusted automatically.
- Built-in Mic - sound is input through the built-in stereo microphone.
- External Mic - sound is input by connecting an external microphone to the MIC jack.
- Line - sound is input by connecting an external unit to the MIC jack.
- XLR/Phone - sound is input through a musical instrument or the microphone connected to the XLR/standard phone combo jack.
- Phantom power - +48V or 24V This setting sets the voltage of the phantom power. +48V
- Plug in power - ON/OFF This setting sets the power supply of the plug-in power.
- PCM WAV 48.0kHz/24bit - Ideal selection for high quality sound files.
- MP3 - highly compressed and less desirable.
Low Cut Filter
This cuts low frequencies to reduce handling noise and unwanted bass-like sounds. Select the frequency you want the cut-off to start at.
This records 2 seconds prior to you pressing the record button
- On/Off - turns On or Off the EAR jack
- Play Mode - one file or list
- Skip Space - Forward skip, Reverse skip
- File Lock - On/Off
- Move/Copy - Copies and moves the files within the memory
- File Divide - Divides a file recorded on this device
- Property - Displays information about a file or folder
- MP3 Convert - converts a PCM WAV into an MP3 format file
- CD Write - Directly writes a PCM WAV format file into a CD
- Bounce - Saves all the tracks in a multi-track mode project to one file
- Display - On/Off
- Tempo - lets you adjust using the + or - buttons
- Sound - Metronome 1 (vibrato), Metronome 2 (moderato)
- Pattern - 1/1, 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 6/4, 8/4, 6/8
- Volume - use the - or + button to adjust volume
- Backlight - lighting time, dim light time, brightness
- LED - On/Off
- Beep - lets you adjust the beep volume that occurs when any buttons are pressed
- Language - let's you change the language
- Voice Guide - On/Off, Speed, Volume. The recorder will talk to you.
- Intro Play - 10 sec, 5 sec, 3 sec, OFF
- Fn. Setting - function key menu. Let's you assign the F1, F2, F3 keys as a shortcut to menu options that you can choose from.
- Memory Select - allows you to choose from the 4Gb internal memory or to use the external memory slot in which you would provide your own SD card.
- Power Save - turns the recorder Off after a selected amount of time (5min, 10min, 30min, 1hour, or OFF)
- Time & Date - let's you adjust the time and date which can be helpful in file management
- USB Setting - Let's you choose from PC, AC adapter, Optional
- Reset Setting - Resets the settings to default
- Format - Formats the selected memory and erases all files
- Memory info - Displays the remaining memory and capacity
- System info - Model/Version/Serial No.
Press the HOME button
- Calibration - the frequency of the reference tone A can be adjusted by 1Hz increments in the range of 435Hz to 445Hz.
- Chromatic Tuner - adjust the mismatch between the one of the musical instrument you have entered and the reference tone to ensure a proper response to all the musical scales.
- Guitar - tune to a guitar chords chart
- Bass - tuen to a bass chords chart
- This helps you obtain the optimal positioning of a microphone in order to reduce phase. Phase is the slight difference between two sound waves that is recorded by two different microphones which will produce a slight time difference between the two waveforms which could cancel out certain frequencies.