Personal Web Space

From Help Wiki
Revision as of 11:38, 28 January 2010 by Greenea (Talk | contribs)

Get yourself a WordPress site at Evergreen

The easiest way to get started publishing to the web is with a personal WordPress site or blog. You can [Creating a blog at - Wordpress|self request a site] at Evergreen uses WordPressMU which is an easy to use website framework that comes with built-in templates and an easy to use publishing interface. No additional software is required, just login to the site and start publishing.

Request Curricular Web Space at (Coyote)

Faculty Only: If you're comfortable with HTML or have a favorite web development program like Dreamweaver (available in the Academic Computer Center and in the CAL) and just want a publicly accessible web directory you can request web space on from your Academic Computing liaison.

Connecting to (Coyote)

Upload files using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program. Some programs (like Dreamweaver) now have built in FTP utilities to let you upload pages and images to your website, but you may want to use a more powerful separate FTP program.

Information you need to connect via ftp:

server/host name:
protocol: ftp
username/password: use your Evergreen login and password
  • Mac users - we recommend Cyberduck as an FTP client.

See FTP to Coyote (Mac) for detailed instructions on using Cyberduck to connect and transfer files to (Coyote).

  • Windows users - we recommend CoreFTP.

See FTP to Coyote (Windows) for detailed instructions on using CoreFTP to connect and transfer files to (Coyote).

Proper Use

Proper use of your web space is important. Please see the detailed explanation of Appropriate Use of It Resources.