Phone Recording Setup - Mixing Bench
From Help Wiki
- The Audio Mixing Benches have a phone hybrid that can be used to record phone calls.
- Long distance calls can not be made on the phones. Called would need to call in.
- Patch Hybrid Out (C15) to Mic/Line CH2 (B16).
- Patch Aux Send 1 (A21) to Hybrid In (D15).
- Plug your mic into the xlr input of channel 1 of the mixer.
- The phone hybrid output is on channel 2.
- Turn the Aux 1 Master to 12 o’clock.
- In the Source section select Main Mix.
- Plug the headphones into the mixer headphone jack.
- Adjust headphone levels as needed on the mixer.
- Pan channel 1 to the left and chanel 2 to the right.
- Turn down the volume on the volume box.
- Talk into the mic and turn up the Trim knob on channel 1.
- When the the clip light turns red turn the gain down.
- Turn up Aux 1 up ONLY on Mic/Line CH1.
- Use the Channel 1 Aux 1 knob and the Aux 1 Master knob to set the levels on the phone hybrid.
- Set the Channel 1 and 2 faders to 0 and the main faders to 0.
- Make the call with the phone.
- Press the Speaker button to have the phone hybrid take the call.
- Hang up the phone.
- Set levels for the phone on channel 2 of the mixer.
- To end the call press the End Call button.