Difference between revisions of "Printing Booklets (Mac) - InDesign"
Revision as of 17:01, 5 May 2010
The process of creating printer spreads from layout spreads is called imposition. It is generally easier to work in Layout Spread where the pages are ordered sequentially. Converting your project to a printer spread using InBooklet should be done just before you’re ready to print.
Tip: Remember when you’re creating a booklet Indesign will double the width of the document to fit two facing pages. If you’re final booklet prints to letter size (8.5” x 11”) you should set up your original layout spread for each page to be letter-half (5.5” x 8.5”).
Create a printer spread
From your completed InDesign layout spread:
- Choose File >Print Booklet
- To convert the entire spread choose All, otherwise you can specify a range
- Choose a Booklet Type or binding style. 2-up Saddle Stitch works great for a 1/2 page folded and stapled
- Margins: Choose Automatically Adjust...
- Click Print Settings
Page Setup to print in the Computer Center
- From the Print window choose Page Setup (lower left corner) and click OK at the Warning box
- Choose AC_Laser on Ozette from the Format For drop down box (this SHOULD NOT say Any Printer)
- Set the page orientation to landscape
- Click OK to apply those changes
- From the large Print window choose Setup from the left-hand column options (it's listed under "General")
- From the Paper size drop down choose Defined by Driver
Set up duplexing
- From the larger print window select the Printer button at the bottom of the window and click OK at the Warning box
- Choose AC_LASER on ozette from the smaller Print window
- Click expansion triangle to display more options
- Select Layout from the drop-down menu
- Choose Short Edge Binding
- Click the Print to apply the changes
- From the larger Print window hit OK and then Print from the Print Booklet window to send your job to the printer