In Winter of 2017, we upgraded our print management system. PaperCut allows us to support printing on nearly any web capable device (phone, tablet, laptop) with enhanced reliability and more privacy.
- Upon logging into the workstation, you will be prompted to activate your PaperCut account.
- Enter your my.evergreen.edu credentials in the pop up window
- You are now authorized to send prints as normal. After you have activated your PaperCut account on an Evergreen computer, your credentials will be automatically carried to each campus machine that you use.
- From any standard software like Word or Chrome, click File > Print and select the default printer option presented
- You will receive a notification that your print job is now held in a queue for release
- Visit a nearby release station, enter your username, and print your work
- Unclaimed jobs are not billed against your quarterly allowance
Laptops and other Mobile Devices
Note, this method also acts as a workaround if printing directly from a lab machine does not work properly.
- Visit print.evergreen.edu while connected to the campus wifi
- login with your my.evergreen.edu username and password
- Click Print From Your Own Device (found in the left-hand panel)
- Follow the instructions provided for your operating system
- There are two separate printers you will have to add, TESC-DoubleSided and TESC-SingleSided. Meaning that you will have to run though those instructions for both of these printers
- As the names suggest, print jobs sent to these printers will automatically override any print settings and come out as double-sided or single-sided, respectively
- Open your document, print normally and make sure you select the correct printer for your document (i.e. TESC-DoubleSided or TESC-SingleSided)
Please see staff in the Academic Computing Center for support if you are having any issues with this process!