From Help Wiki
Revision as of 10:31, 6 November 2019 by Clakar06
346 MTL Startup, Shutdown, Procedure/Proficiency
- Log into the Logbook and note any problems other students have had in the studio.
- Switch on the rack near the patchbay, then the powerbar in the rack on the desk.
- Make sure the mixer has been normalized.
- Patch a simple audio signal from the Buchla to the mixer input channel 1 via patch bay.
- On mixer channel 1:
a. Enable the “LINE” input switch b. Adjust the “GAIN” knob until the channel meter shows green LEDs but not red c. Make sure that EQ is disabled d. Make sure the PAN knob is centered e. Assign the channel output to the “L-R” bus. f. Bring up the channel fader to unity gain (0)
- Select L-R as the Monitor Source
- Bring the yellow MASTER L-R faders up to unity, and you should see the Monitor Output meters indicate a level
- Patch the Monitor Output of the Mixer to the Yamaha Receiver VCR Input.
- Set the volume on the Yamaha Receiver (on the desk rack, top unit) to -20dB, check that the input is set to VCR
- Bring up the monitor output level knob up to a good listening level.
- (Optional) Repeat steps using a stereo sound from the computer (YouTube, iTunes, etc.) patched to the mixer
- Turn the Yamaha Receiver volume all the way down to “MUTE”
- Normalize the mixer (all buttons out, all faders down, all AUX Send knobs down, all EQ knobs centered, all Gain knobs down, Monitor knob down, etc.)
- Remove patch cables from synths and patchbays, and NEATLY put them back on the hangers
- Shut down the computer
- Switch off all racks
- Log out of the log book and note any problems you have had; they will be looked at weekly by an intern
- Switch off the lights and make sure the door latches behind you