From Help Wiki
- Log into the Log Book and note any problems other students have had in the studio.
- Is the mixer and the rest of the room normalized? If not, note it in the Log Book.
- Switch on the rack near the patchbay, then the powerbar in the rack on the desk.
- Power up computer.
- Patch a simple audio signal from the Buchla to the mixer input channel 1 via patch bay.
- On mixer channel 1:
- Depress the “LINE” button to allow Line-level input to the channel.
- Adjust the “GAIN” knob until the channel meter shows green LEDs but not red.
- Can use "PFL" button above the channel fader if you want to see the signal on the larger meter above the Main L-R Faders, but make sure your L-R faders are down first!
- Make sure that the EQ section is disabled.
- Make sure the PAN knob is centered.
- Assign the channel output to the “L-R” bus.
- Bring up the channel fader to unity gain (0).
- Select L-R as the Monitor Source.
- Bring the yellow MASTER L-R faders up to unity, and you should see the Monitor Output meters indicate a level.
- The Monitor Output knob will be your volume control for the speakers, as explained in the next steps.
Patching to the Receiver
- Patch the Monitor Output of the Mixer to the Yamaha Receiver VCR Input. (This is also a normalled connection, but do this step anyway for practice)
- Set the volume on the Yamaha Receiver (on the desk rack, top unit) to -20dB, and check that the input is set to VCR
- Bring up the "Monitor Output" level knob up to a good listening level.
- (Optional) Repeat steps using a stereo sound from the computer (YouTube, iTunes, etc.) patched to the mixer.
- Turn the Yamaha Receiver volume all the way down to “MUTE.”
- Normalize the mixer (all buttons out, all faders down, all AUX Send knobs down, all EQ knobs centered, all Gain knobs down, Monitor knob down, etc.).
- Remove patch cables from synths and patchbays, and NEATLY put them back on the hangers.
- Shut down the computer.
- Switch off all racks.
- Log out of the log book and note any problems you have had; they will be looked at weekly on Tuesday mornings.
- Switch off the lights and make sure the door latches behind you.